Friday, September 25, 2009

After the Crash

This statement that was most the valuable to me in this presentation and summed up the lesson was, "It is time, quite simply, to return to living with in our natural and economical budgets. We need to set priorities and set a budget and stick with both."
I was captivated by the Crash Course presentation. Although some of the information seemed bleak the importance of its contents is paramount. Chris Maetenson exposed an enormous can of worms. The difficulty will be attempting to shift the American paradigm. Consumers like you and me are the last line of defense for protecting the economy, environment and future of the United States.
After viewing the Crash Course, I feel like my goal is to be a responsible world citizen. By purchasing less oil based products i can play a small part to slow down the negative cycle. Understanding the connection between society, energy, and money along with the theory of exponential growth, allows the public to make some informed decisions. "Energy is the source for all growth and complexity." I must not take energy that I use for granted. I will teach my children to be very aware of their roles as energy consumers. We must all share what we've learned about how money is created and saved wisely.
The population and the world's energy supplies are in direct conflict. It is not logical to think that renewable energy will be able to fill the voids that the lack of oil will leave us with. That is why we must change our habits from the level of consumers. The next 20 years will be different from the last 20 years and my generation and my children's generations are on the chopping block.

No comments:

Post a Comment