Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Virtual Visit to an Ecovillage

The ecovillage I choose was Ecocentro IPEC and Ecoversidade from Brazil. This ecovillage interested me the most because I was born very close to Ecocentro IPEC in Brazil and would have a better perspective of what to expect. Also the educational system they have put into place is called Ecoversidade, and I am able to study that education in Portuguese and English to gain an understanding of the curriculum and the natural world.

I would enjoy spending some time in that part of Brazil with the intention of staying to learn the basics of the ecovillage and be able to write an informed article for a newspaper or magazine shedding light on this futuristic way of life.

The talent quest really struck me as an interesting aspect of a community. I found that to be the most interesting. Also, I enjoyed the addition of Capoiera and other traditional Brazilian dance and artwork.

Early morning meditation and Portuguese language lessons would be the most connected to my life. I would really enjoy learning how to speak perfect Portuguese. Meditation, Yoga or just practicing breathing is a fantastic way to start a day. I would like to incorporate more of these actions into my lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment